Monday, January 5, 2009

Where...



Determining where to plant each crop will be a fun challenge. I know that I will need to pay attention to how much direct sunlight each location in the yard receives each day to make sure that whatever I plant there will be happy. I will be planting in the front yard, the back yard, the upper garden, and possibly in the easement above the upper garden.

Speaking of planting in the front yard, I know that some people have endured complaints from neighbors for filling the front yard with edible landscaping. I'm going to challenge myself to create an edible front yard garden that doesn't irritate the neighbors.

I picked the long and narrow plot right outside the backyard door to plant the sugar snap peas on December 31st. We're in Sunset garden climate zone #14, so I think they'll do just fine for a spring harvest before the heat sets in. I had a few seeds left over, so I planted them in little peat pots. They're already sprouting. I'm sure I'll find another good spot for them once they get to a good transplanting size. I'm looking forward to seeing which group fares better.

No comments:

Post a Comment