Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's Not Really About the Food...


(click image for a fascinating close-up view)

Ever since the sugar snap peas sprouted, I've been watching and wondering which one would find and grasp hold of the lowest trellis string first. I'm happy to report that it finally happened today. The tendril looks like a little toddler's hand grasping tightly for support and strength in preparation for the arduous task of simply being in this world.

With the wonder of a child, I can sit and gaze at every stage of growth and be at peace, even if for only a moment, before returning to my own efforts to grasp hold of the nearest source of support in my own chaotic and overworked existence.

So, the one-ton backyard garden food challenge is not really about the food after all. Even so, it's time to stop watching the peas grow and start weighing in the day's produce...

No comments:

Post a Comment